Are you a decision-maker, a leader, manager or professional who:
– understands that everything and everyone will be connected, and that this new environment is not going away ?
– realizes that networked exchanges of information are now essential to everything done in and by people in most organizations today ?
– keeps hearing from colleagues and professional peers that the HR department really needs to change and that management should understand networks and today’s media world better?
The connected workplace is increasingly different from the traditional hierarchical organization.
The dynamics are different, structures are more transient and fluid. More and more work happens in projects, and leadership and management are now feeling the impacts every day and every week. The networked era is here to stay, and it is essential to understand how to operate effectively.
I provide coaching, strategic conversations and practical insights to executives, managers and professionals.
I design and deliver customized workshops focused on practical responses to the networked environment.
I understand traditional hierarchies very well. I also understand the Web, network dynamics and the sociology and psychology that these new conditions are demanding of us.
I can help you in the following ways:
– Build understanding and develop strategies for engaging more effectively with your networked markets and connected employees
– Create and use effectively your own ecosystem of connected information flows
– Use Social Network Analysis (SNA) to X-Ray and visually understand various areas of organizational effectiveness
– Use participation in social networks to accelerate leadership in ways that demonstrate you are listening and have heard. You don’t have to agree all the time.
– Be prepared to respond quickly and effectively when messy, wicked and difficult challenges emerge
– Get interested in and energized by what promises to be a very interesting next ten years.
About Jon Husband
I am a coach, consultant, writer and public speaker focused on the structure and dynamics of organizations as they struggle to move past industrial-era assumptions toward deep engagement of knowledge workers and citizens.
Up until the mid-90’s I acted as a Senior Principal for the Hay Group in the firm’s flagship office in London, UK. I worked with major national and multi-national enterprises on HR strategy, leadership and management development models, and on strategy, communications and activities for organizational change initiatives.
For the past 15 years I have been deeply involved with the Web, blogging and wikis, collaborative work platforms, and the sociological, psychological and behavioural implications of leading and managing in a networked environment.
My core services are:
– designing and carrying out customized coaching plans
– designing and delivering customized workshops for small groups of committed explorers
– working with teams to co-create effective responses to messy wicked organizational problems
– speaking to small and large groups in order to educate, motivate and inspire towards effective actions