I’m a practical organizational futurist and advisor to those who lead and manage organizations.
I help executives, managers and groups to work more effectively in today’s and tomorrow’s networked environment.
Knowing why and how people connect and collaborate and create social and economic value is essential for today’s and tomorrow’s world.
Presentations, coaching, workshops, strategic advice and consulting on organizational change, leadership and management, and governance in networked environments.
(Download the e-book here)
The impact of human connectedness is growing on how people get things done.
The connected workplace is evolving. It’s different than the classic hierarchical organization.
The emergent principle of wirearchy makes understanding the dynamics of networked environments essential, and brings “soft skills” to the forefront for effective executives and managers.
“The soft stuff is the hard stuff”
I can help:
– Build strategies for engaging more effectively with networked ecosystems of information, purpose and meaning,
– Use Social Network Analysis (SNA) to visually understand what’s actually happening in networked organizations of all kinds,
– Use participation in social networks to demonstrate you are listening and have heard. Listening and being present are key skills in networks
– Explore various organizational designs, patterns of activity and desirable cultural characteristics,
– Get you interested in and energized by what promises to be an interesting next ten years.
I am a coach, consultant, writer and public speaker focused on how humans are interacting with each other and organizing in networks to get things done. The impacts of networks on our societies, institutions and ways of doing things are still only in the early stages.
Up until the mid-90’s I acted as a Senior Principal for the Hay Group, latterly in the firm’s flagship office in London, UK. I worked with major national and multi-national enterprises on HR strategy, leadership and management development models, and on strategy, communications and activities for organizational change initiatives.
For the past 15 years I have been deeply involved with the Web, blogging and wikis, collaborative work platforms, and the sociological, psychological and behavioural implications of leading and managing in a networked environment.
My core services are:
– carrying out futures research via extended human networks of peoples’ knowledge and passion as well as conventional literature and case study research,
– open strategic conversations one-on-one or small group regarding ways to navigate complex ecosystems of people and information flows
– designing and carrying out customized coaching plans
– designing and delivering customized workshops for small groups of committed explorers
– working with teams to co-create effective responses to messy wicked organizational problems
– speaking to small and large groups in order to educate, motivate and design effective actions
If you want to get in touch with me:
jon.husband AT gmail.com